Got Questions? We've Got Answers.
Find Answers to Your Questions About DirectBuy
Visiting a DirectBuy Club will help answer all your questions. It by far the best and most complete way to find answers to all your questions on how you can buy direct from top manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. But we do want to try to answer as many of your questions here that we can, so please browse the categories below to help find your answers.
- What products does DirectBuy offer?
- DirectBuy has virtually everything for in and around your home including furniture, appliances, home entertainment, kitchen cabinets, lighting, electronics, patio furniture, flooring, home and outdoor decor, window treatments and much, much more.
- What brands does DirectBuy offer?
- DirectBuy represents more than 700 brand-name manufacturers and their authorized suppliers in the United States, and more than 500 brand-name manufacturers and authorized suppliers at locations in Canada. Many of these manufacturers offer products which you simply will not see discounted in retail stores or anywhere else. Some retailers view the pricing structure we offer our members as unfair, and if provoked, may lobby with those manufacturers to discontinue doing business with DirectBuy. For that reason, we are unable to list who the manufacturers are on the website.
- How do I buy products through DirectBuy?
- Once you are a member of DirectBuy, you can purchase products through your local club. Members also have access to DirectBuys's members-only website to browse merchandise from the comfort of their homes prior to coming to the club to order the merchandise. A small selection of merchandise is available for purchase through the website.
- Do the products come with a warranty?
- All available manufacturer warranties apply to products purchased through DirectBuy.
- Who is DirectBuy?
- DirectBuy is a private, members-only club where members can purchase goods direct from brand-name manufacturers and their authorized suppliers without paying hidden retail markup.
- Where is DirectBuy located?
- DirectBuy is headquartered in Merrillville, Indiana and has more than 150 individually owned and operated clubs throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The DirectBuy Visitor Experience
- What's a visitor's pass and why do I need it?
- A DirectBuy visitor's pass gives you exclusive access to visit a DirectBuy club near you for an Open House. The Open House will give you the opportunity to learn more about DirectBuy and to more fully understand the benefits of buying direct.
- What happens after I fill out the visitor pass request form?
- We first determine the club closest to you based upon your zip code. You are then provided a link where you can immediately set your Open House appointment online if you want, or a DirectBuy representative will contact you at the telephone number you provided. If it is determined that you do not live close to a DirectBuy club based upon your zip code, then we will let you know immediately. At that point, if you are still interested in visiting a club, you can easily email us back to let us know and we will have a DirectBuy representative call you to set up an appointment to the DirectBuy club closest to you. (We do not want to assume that you are willing to drive a long distance to a club, so we give you that option.)
- What's an Open House?
- An Open House is a special time that DirectBuy clubs set aside for you to learn more about the opportunity to buy direct from brand-name manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. There, you can also get all of your remaining questions answered such as "How does a DirectBuy membership work?" and "How much does it cost?" You'll have ample time to browse around the club, DirectBuy's product offering, and the services offered at that location.
- What do you do with the information that I enter on the form?
- Your information is forwarded to a DirectBuy representative who will contact you to make an appointment to visit your local club. We do not sell, give or otherwise share any information supplied on the visitor pass request form to any third party.
- Why do you ask for spouse information?
- The reason for doing so is that most remodeling, refurnishing, and building projects are major decisions that are made by the couple, together. In many relationships, one spouse may do the majority of the product selection for the project, but typically the other spouse is aware of and involved in, at minimum, the budget for the project. Because those projects are discussed in detail at the Open House, it is usually best to have both parties attend. Also, the membership is applicable for the entire family, so we like to have any and all parties who may be doing purchasing of any kind (not just home goods but sports equipment, jewelry, pool tables, etc) learn about membership so that they are familiar with our shopping process.
- How do I become a member?
- First, you need to request a visitor's pass to visit a DirectBuy club by filling out the visitor pass request form. You can then set your Open House appointment immediately online or a DirectBuy representative will contact you to schedule your appointment. At the Open House, information about the savings, member services and the extensive selection of brand-name merchandise is described in great detail, so you can make the most informed decision about whether DirectBuy is right for you and your family.
- Does DirectBuy offer design ideas?
- DirectBuy's product specialists have an eye for design so they can assist you in remodeling and furnishing different areas of your home. In addition, DirectBuy clubs offer professional Cabinetry and Interior Designers that can help you design your remodeling project from start to finish. Another resource DirectBuy members have access to is exclusive design advice from Emmy award-winning designer Christopher Lowell. Using his proven Seven Layers of Design method, Christopher has constructed "Dream Room" layouts in various styles with products from DirectBuy. Recently, Christopher added four style guides that can help members design a room that reflects their own personal style, complete with examples of products and fabric samples to coordinate each layer of the look.
- Does DirectBuy have someone to install products if they need installation?
- One of the additional benefits of being a DirectBuy member is access to DirectBuy's Local Contractors and Installers Program. Through the program, members have access to providers of an extensive array of professional services like installation of doors, windows, carpet, window treatments, audio/visual equipment and more. At your Open House visit, ask about your Local club's Contractors and Installers Program.
- What are the benefits of being a member?
- The benefits included with DirectBuy membership are numerous. In addition to purchasing directly from hundreds of brand-name manufacturers and their authorized suppliers, and saving hundreds, even thousands of dollars on your purchases, you will have access to more than a million first-quality products, all in one place. DirectBuy's clubs are spacious and comfortable, and free from retail salespeople who are trying to sell you a product based on commission. DirectBuy employs product specialists who are knowledgeable and friendly, and are interested in what best fits your needs. Additionally, as a member, you'll have access to design specialists, local contractors, discounts from local merchants, and much, much more. Finally, if you have children, once you become a member, your children are welcome into the club at any time. Each DirectBuy location features a Kids Zone area, a place for your children to safely play, leaving you time to grab a cup of coffee in our Cafe to enjoy while you shop in our comfortable club.
- What does it cost to become a member?
- The price of membership varies by club based on the services and selection of local vendors offered at the location. All of this information is described in detail at the Open House, so you can make the best decision regarding membership and your family's needs.
*All images on the website are a representation of the types of products that are currently available to DirectBuy members and are not meant to reflect a specific product model.